It’s been said that first thing someone notices about you is your smile. This is why maintaining proper oral care is so important. This goes further than simply brushing and flossing. It also means going to the dentist for regular checkups. The dentist can often fix problems before they cause any pain. This not only lowers the patient’s cost but can prevent tooth loss. Unfortunately, 40% of Americans have no dental insurance. These uninsured people are more likely to have dental extractions and dentures as they visit the dentist less frequently. Furthermore, those without dental insurance are:
* 67% more likely to have heart disease
* 50% more likely to have osteoporosis
* 29% more likely to have diabetes
The dental team at Windermere Dental & Medical Spa offer an affordable DENTAL PLAN for those without dental insurance. This not only covers preventative at 100% but offers significant savings on all dental procedures.
HOW CAN WE KEEP YOUR MOUTH CLEAN?
We’ve all grown up hearing about the benefits of good oral hygiene like brushing and flossing. They go a long way in managing plaque, controlling bad breath and keeping your mouth clear of infections and cavities. But brushing and flossing twice a day aren’t enough. Regular appointments with your dentist give your mouth a deeper, healthier clean. Having a dentist manually clean your teeth and using products such as fluoride can help protect teeth beyond what you can do at home.
Another key to good oral health is the use of X-rays. By looking at the tooth from the inside, we can determine if cavities are being formed between the teeth, where the naked eye cannot see.
HOW CAN WE KEEP YOUR MOUTH LOOKING GREAT?
In addition to keeping your mouth healthy, our dental team features an array of products to keep your mouth looking great as well. These procedures aren’t just for people who want a better smile, sometimes misshapen and crooked teeth can lead to oral problems down the road as they are difficult to clean. We offer treatments such as:
- Six-Month Orthodontic Braces: Get all the benefits of straighter teeth without the huge time commitment. A straighter smile will bring confidence to your life as well as help prevent the problems that overcrowded teeth or a severe overbite can cause. Whether you’re male or female, 16 or 60, six-month orthodontic braces can correct your smile in a fraction of the time as traditional orthodontics.
- Invisalign®: A series of clear aligners to slowly straighten your teeth and improve your bite. This is ideal for adults who require orthodontic care but don’t want to have braces. However, it is able to be used by people of all ages.
Whether it’s been six months or six years since you’ve been to a dentist, call and set up a consultation today. Our dental team is ready to maintain or improve your oral health right away.